Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Thankful For....

I hope y’all remembered what happened. LOL, Okay we are not fighting anymore, but Jay just took Bey outside to talk.

“Bey, come here.” Jay took her hand and took her out back. He didn’t want to wake up Shawn and didn’t want Tina and Gloria in their business again. They sat down on a swing. Jay watched as her hair blew in the wind.
          “How you feeling?”
“If you would tell me you love me and forgive me, I’d be okay.”
          “Beyoncé….”
“I’m listening.”
        “I wasn’t even going to say anything, except for the fact that you know I love you and I’m still hurt, but we’ll move past it. Let’s have an amazing day today, okay?”
          “Okay, baby.”
“Come here.” Bey smiled and Jay kissed her passionately on the lips.
          “Mhm. You know how much I miss you, Jay.” They kissed again and then went back inside.
          “Do we still need to talk, Beyoncé?”
“No, Mama. Everything is perfect.”
          “Alright, suga.” Bey smile real wide and she sat on the couch and watched tv with Jay. They fell asleep on the couch. Around 4pm, Gloria woke Bey up.
          “Shawns’s not still asleep is he?!”
“No, baby. Tina took him outside. They went to the park a little while ago. They should be back soon. Don’t worry.”
          “Oh, okay. I want him to sleep good tonight.”
“I understand. Now, can you help me clean up before everyone comes?”
          “Of course.” They got everything cleaned up and Bey set the table. She changed her clothes and then woke Jay up. “Baby, everyone is about to be here. Get up.” HE got up and went to change. Bey followed him. “Are we going to tell everyone the good news, tonight?” She sat on the bed while he changed.
          “You know I was thinking about it and I think we should wait, baby. Can it wait til Christmas?”
          “But I’m so excited. I don’t know if I will be able to hold it in that long!”
          “Pleaseee. I mean our mom’s know so who else needs to?”
“I guess. Does that mean we can’t tell Shawn?”
          “Lil Man can find out when you get a bump. It will be easier for him to understand.”
          “That’s true….um what about us renewing our vows?”
“Uh, I don’t think we can do it now either, Bey. I mean we haven’t planned anything. We’ve been sidetracked.”
          “Alright…”
“Babe, we are going to do it okay.”
          “Okay, baby.” He kissed her on the forehead and they went back into the kitchen. “Oooo Ma it smells delicious!”
          “Thanks, Bey. I want you to help me and your mother next year, okay?”
          “Umm….okay! But for now….I’ll make the ice water”!”
“Okay baby, you do that.” Gloria laughed and the front door opened.
          “Momma!!!!!” Shawn ran towards her.
“Hey, baby! Look at you walking and running all by yourself!” She picked him up. “You’re such a smart big boy! Mommy loves you soooo much!” She kissed him.
          “I wove you too, Momma! It smwells gwooodddd! Momma me and gwama went to the park and we had the bwestest twime!”
          “I bet it was, baby!” They all laughed and Bey got Shawn ready for dinner.
          “Momma I don’t wike this shwirt.”
“Sorry, baby. You have to look nice. Remember me telling you about Thanksgiving. That’s today and everyone’s coming over!” She pulled his pants up and left him in his socks. “Can you tell me what you have on?”
          “Uhh I hab on a shwirt and pwants.” He pointed to his socks. “I hab on shwocks and I hab on ummm what is this called again Momma?”
          “A onzie, baby.”
“Yeah and I hab on a mumzie.”
          “A onzie?”
“That’s what I saidddd!”
          “Okay, babe.” She took him off the bed and he ran out to go play with his toys.
          “Daddy! Where are all my twoys?!”
“I think Mommy put em away.”
          “Mommmaaaa!!!!” Bey came out of their room.
“Yessssss?”
          “Where are all my twoys?!?!”
“I had to clean them up, baby.”
          “But I want to pway wiff them!”
“You can later, baby.” Shawn looked at Jay and started to pout.
          “Don’t look at me.”
“Momma…..I want to pway wiff them nowwwwww!”
          “Shawn don’t start.” Bey sat down. Shawn’s bottom lip started to quiver. He looked at Jay again.
          “Shawn you heard your mother. Okay? You will play with them later. I know you don’t want to get in trouble.”
          “Nooooo.” He sat down with his head down.
“Okay, that’s what I thought.”
         
          Everyone came around 6:00pm, Solange, Julez, Ty and his daughter, Angie, Annie, and Jay’s other sister, nieces and nephews. They caught up with each other for at least an hour then they gathered in the dining room.
          “Okay since today is Thanksgiving we are all gonna say one thing that we are thankful for.” Jay started. “I’ll start. I’m thankful for my family.”
          Bey was next. “I’m thankful for love.” Shawn was cranky, but Bey went for him. “Shawn told me earlier that he was thankful for his toys.” Everyone cracked a little smile.
          “Okay, my turn. Solange is speaking.”
“Solo don’t be rude.”
          “I’m just messing, okay um I’m thankful for my son and my life. Julez?”
          “I’m thankful for my Mommy and aunties and Uncle, and my grandmas.”
          “Mama?”
“I’m thankful for forgiving and forgetting and for all of you.” Everyone finished saying what they were thankful for then Jay went ahead and said the prayer.
          “I want to thank you God for my wonderful family and my two mothers Gloria and Tina, may you bless them and this food. Also, may you bless my sister and their children and my children. May they all grow up happy and healthy. Once again, lemme ask you to bless this food. I hope my Mama’s put their foot in it!” Everyone laughed. “Okay, okay back on a serious note, I just wanna say thank you. In God’s name we pray. Amen.”
          Everyone said Amen. They ate almost everything up and then they had dessert. Shawn tugged on Jay’s pant leg.
          “Daddy? Im tiwerd.” He rubbed his eyes and yawned.
“Um okay. Bey? Imma put him down okay?”
          “Alright.” Bey walked over and kissed Shawn on the forehead. “Night, baby.”
          “Night, Momma.” He rested his head on Jay’s shoulder.
“Lil Man, don’t fall asleep yet. You gotta take a bath.” Jay got no answer. Shawn had fallen asleep already. “Damn, you’re knocked out, Lil Man.” Jay took him into the bedroom and put him in some pj pants. He went back out and everyone was saying their goodbyes. It was about 9:45pm. Solange and Julez stayed for two more hours and chatted up a storm. Tina and Gloria went to bed; Bey said that she would clean up. Jay came into the kitchen to see if she needed any help.
          “You almost done, baby?”
“I’ll be finished in like two minutes.” She finished putting the dishes away. “Done!”
          Jay was sitting on the counter in some flannel pajamas. Bey stood in between his legs and kissed him on the lips. Jay held her waist.
          “Everyone’s asleep, Jay.” She winked.
“Not now, Bey. We had a long day, let’s just go to sleep, okay?” He kissed her on the forehead.
          “You’re no fun.” Bey laughed and poked at his lips. “Well let’s go to bed then.”…….To Be Continued…..

3 comments:

  1. Yay this post made me happy. Glad Jay finally decided to put that mess behind, them but what a great Thanksgiving they had! Woo I can't wait till it's Thanksgiving 4real cuz honey, ima tear that food up!

    Great Post!
    @ZelLovesBeyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyyyyy this post was the awesomeness , lol love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God they're done arguing! I'm glad that Jay was willing to put it behind them cuz LAWD. lol

    ReplyDelete