Sunday, February 26, 2012

Not The Same

I know I said that I was going to update Friday, but some plans were made and I was out for the nighttttt…..so I’m sorry LOL…..HERE WE GO….
  The elevator door opened and they dashed down the hall into Jay’s hospital room.
          “JAY!!!!!!!” Bey ran up to the bed and started kissing him all over the face.

*thirty minutes ago, when Jay woke up*

Jay’s nurse, Tyson, was checking his vitals before she went on a small break. When she pushed the new IV in, his face scrunched up and he let out a grunt.
           “Mr. Carter?!” She brushed his face and Jay took a strong grip of Tyson’s arm. “Ow, shit. Mr. Carter. You’re hurting me.” Jay squinted and blinked a few times.
          “It’s so bright.” He let go of her and she turn off one of the lights.
“Is that better for you?”
          “Yeah. Who are you?”
“I’m Tyson. I’m your nightly nurse. Welcome back.” She gave him a pat on the shoulder. “I’ll be right back. I’m going to get the doctor and call your wife.”
          “Wait. I’m not married.”
“Yes you are. You’ll remember when you see her, don’t worry.”
      “I don’t know what you mean by that.”
*30 minutes ahead, when Bey comes in*
“JAY!!!!!!!” Bey ran up to the bed and started kissing him all over the face.
          “Excuse me!” He pushed her face away. “Can I help you?”
“Jay, baby? Babe, no.” She grabbed his hand and he snatched it away.
          “Who do you think you’re calling baby?”
“Mommy, why’s Daddy acting weird?” Shawn clutched to her thigh.
          “I don’t think he remembers us, baby.”
“But we just saw him earlier today.” She put him on the bed.
“Here, see if he’ll talk to you.” She stepped back.
“Daddy?”
“I’m not your father.”
          “Daddy, don’t talk like that.” He pouted and was about to cry. “Mommy, I want to go home!” A tear rolled down his cheek. Bey held him, wiped his tears and looked into Jay’s eyes.
          “Baby, it’s me. I’m Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. I’m your wife.  You have been in a coma for a few months.”
          “You think I’m going to believe that. He’s my son? You’re my wife?”
          “Look at your hand I’m not lying. Your ring finger. You have a wedding ring and under that the Roman numeral four. I have a matching one.”
“Is this a joke?”
“Nope….I’m pregnant with your daughter, too.”
“A baby girl?” He smiled. Bey did too.
“Yes.”
“I don’t remember any of this shit, but you look familiar.”
“What’s the last thing you remember?”
“Um…to be honest I don’t remember. I think I know you, though. You sing right?”
          “Yep.”
“Yeah, yeah. I like you. You take your shit seriously and you got an amazing voice.” He smirked and Bey blushed.
          “Thank you. Now, why don’t you come home with us? You can’t stay here.”
          “I guess I have to. Y’all are family, right?”
“Yes sir and your mother, Annie, Michelle, and Eric are in the lobby. They wouldn’t let them come up. You want to talk to them?”
          “They’re all here? For me?”
“Yes, they’re here for you.”
          “Damn.” Bey called Annie. They talked and then decided to all go home. Jay would come home in the morning…..

*at home*

“I’m glad I saw Daddy today, Mommy.”
          “So am I, baby.” She pulled the covers up to his neck.  “Now, he’s coming home tomorrow so you need to get a lot of sleep.” She kissed him on the forehead. “Goodnight, love bug.”
          “Goodnight, Mommy.”

*at the hospital the next day*

“Your wife will be here in the next hour so we’re going to get an x-ray of your ankle and see how long you have to wear the cast for.”
          “Okay. Ah, I can’t to see her. She’s gorgeous.”
“How sweet.” Tyson helped him into a wheel chair and pushed him down the hall. They did the x-ray and said that they would call him to come back. Jay was sitting up in the hospital bed dressed in some sweats. Shawn peeked around the corner.
          “Daddy?”
“Ayeee! Lil man! Hey, come here!” Shawn ran up to him and gave him a big hug.
          “I missed you, Daddy. Mommy said that you are coming home today!”
          “Yes, I am!”
"Yay!" Then Bey walked in.
"Shawn babe, don't run off like that."
"I'm sorry, Mommy. I just was so excited to see Daddy that I had to run."
"I understand. It's alright, babe.......You ready, Daddy?" Jay was caught off guard by that.
"Uhhh...yeah. Let's go home!"
"Alright, then." Tyson walked in and discharged Jay.

*at the house*

Shawn ran and opened the door, while Bey got Jay's crunches out of the trunk and helped him into the house. He sat down on the couch.
"Damn, this is a nice ass place."
"Jay can you watch your language please. He's only three."
"I'm sorry. I forgot."
"It's alright." She kissed him on the forehead and sat down next to him. Shawn was behind the couch playing with his toys.
"I know this might me weird for you, but can you just like kiss me."
"You want me to kiss you?"
"Yes. Remember we're married. I'm pregnant and I haven't had any in two months. And that broken ankle won't help anything. Please."
"You don't have to beg me. You're a fine woman. I'd be happy to kiss you."
"Then do it." Bey closed her eyes and Jay held her chin. He pressed his lips into to hers, sucked on her lip for a second and then pulled back. They both smiled at each other. "Thank you." Jay giggled.
"You're welcome Wifey."
"Aww, the last time you called me that was on Christmas Eve. That was one of the best nights I've had with you."
"Aw. That sounds sweet. You wanna tell me about it?"
"Oh....yeah. I will."
"Mommy, I'm hungry." Shawn tapped Bey’s shoulder. Bey patted Jay on the thigh and stood up.
"Whatchu want, baby?"
"Umm I want some cake."
"I don't think so, Hun."
"But I don't want anything else."
"But you're not getting that so you want a waffle? Chicken nuggets?"
"Can I have some nuggets?"
"Sure. Jay are you hungry?"
"Um, I'm fine for now, baby. Thanks."
"Mhmm." Bey fixed up Shawn some lunch and then put him down for his nap.
"Bey, come here."
"Yes?" She sat on his lap.
"I wish I remembered. I really do. I can't be a husband to you or a father to my son if I barely know you guys."
"But you do, baby."
"I wish. It's like I just met you, but we've been friends for a while now. I know that. Tell me why I was in the hospital."
"I don't like talking about this, but it was Valentine's Day and we dropped Shawn off at your mothers I think. We went home and ate dinner then we started getting romantic and all lovey dovey. You picked me up and we went upstairs. It started on the bed, then into the tub. That was some of the best sex I've ever had. I was so tired after, but that could've been because of this one."
She rubbed her belly and Jay put his hand over hers. She blushed.
"Um then we went to sleep. Well, I woke up around three and I went to the bathroom.  There was blood in the toilet and I got scared and panicked. I screamed for you and then we went to the hospital. I was nervous that I was having a miscarriage. I was so scared."
Jay put his arm around her. "So on the way to the hospital we went head to head with an ambulance. All I could see was the blood coming from your head and it was tilted to the side. Never again and.....I don't want to talk about the rest." She turned her head to the side and there was an awkward silence for a moment.
"I'm sorry. Tell me about Christmas Eve then."
"Okay. So we were going to wrap presents, but I decided to let you have one of yours early. We had sex in front of the fire and then wrapped presents together, but all day you were calling me wifey. It was so cute and romantic." She smiled and Jay brushed the hair away from her face.
"You have a beautiful smile. I love you."
"You don't mean that."
"Yes I do.”
"But you don't know me."
"I know enough." He kissed her belly. "Let's act like nothing even happened. No accident. No coma."
"That's easy for you to say. I could never forget. The pain I went through these past few months is unforgettable."
“Why?”
“Why?!?! The love of my life was lying in a hospital bed lifeless! I didn’t know if you were gonna be breathing the next day or if I was going to have to raise our son on my own. What would I tell your family? Would I break down and be depressed all the time? How could I live each day without you? What would the media say? Could I handle it? Listen. If I didn’t have you, I wouldn’t have my life and that scares me. The love I have for you scares the fuck out of me! I wish I wasn’t so dependent on your love, especially because of things like this.”
          “Like what?”
“This situation. I’m married to someone that basically just met me.  I’ve spent half my life with you, Jay and you don’t even remember. When I first walked in that hospital room I wanted to burst into tears. You acted like you didn’t know me because you didn’t.”
          “I’m trying to.”
“Yeah, but it’s never going to be the same. You’re not going to remember the birth of our son, the night we conceived our baby girl, our first time, the fights, the special dates, the inside jokes. You’re almost like a replacement. Will I always be waiting for my husband to come back?”
          “But it’s me Jay!!! I’m still the same person! If you tell me about the times we’ve had it’ll be okay! If I really didn’t remember I probably would still be at the hospital. I wouldn’t be trying to make things work now! Beyoncé you’re a beautiful woman! I want to be with you! Even if we have to start over! I’m sorry! I’m sorry this happened! You think I wanted this to happen! I’m arguing with you and we just met! I still got love!”
          “See! You don’t know me! It just is not the same.”
“But I’m the same person! I’m still Jay! Shawn! Mr. Carter! I want to be with you! I want to father our children! I want to try! I want things to be the same!”
“But it’s-” He grabbed her and kissed her on the lips. She tried pushed away, but gave in. The kisses felt the same and she still got a tingle in her chest, but does it still mean what it did before?.....To Be Continued…….shortly…..

10 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sad. Jay doesn't remember. Well at least he's trying. Something tells me that he'll get his memory back...Soon! I hope so :)
    @ZelLovesBeyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is crazy! I love it.. I hope jay rememberz them soon.but I agree with jay they can make new memories..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bey could be a little nicer to him it's not his fault but awww I feel so sorry for Jay and bey. I loooooove your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aawwww Claire! I just wish it was a horrible dream. I hope he starts remembering things just to ease Bey's mind. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww that's sad. i almost cried cause it reminded me of the Vow and on the Vow she never got her memory back :( hope this is not the case with Jay and hope he gets his memory back :( great post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Cryyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Nooo Please Make This Better Claire. NOOOOW

    ReplyDelete