Sunday, February 5, 2012

Away

In the last post y’all were kinda confused I guess with my “word choice” and what happened. If y’all are confused just ask me and I can clear up what happened. So, they went head to head with the ambulance. Jay was unresponsive and Bey and the baby are okay. For those of you that didn’t know, Bey is only four months pregnant.

In a cold white room, he dreams of nothing. Wounds covered. Heart pumping. Eyes shut. Jay laid there with his hands by his side and a breathing tube down his throat. He had cuts all over his face, blood hardened into scabs.
          The next morning Dr. Robins comes into Bey’s room. She caressed her arm and told her to wake up. She screamed.
          “Hey! It’s okay, it’s me.”
“Oh. Hi Dr. Robins. Sorry, you just scared me.”
          “I’m sorry. I just wanted to let you know that you can leave. Do you have anyone to pick you up?”
          “No. Where’s Jay. He’ll get us a cab. Wait, what happened to our car?”
          “Awww, Bey.”
“What? Jay brought me here last night because I was bleeding. Did he leave? That’s not like him.” She didn’t remember anything.
          “You and Jay got into an accident right outside the hospital and he fell into a coma. He also had whiplash and a broken ankle.”     
          “Oh my god.”
“I’m sorry, but you can go home now. I have your discharge papers.”
          “On my way out can you take me to Jay and can I use your phone please?” Bey was rather calm.
          “Of course.”
“I don’t have any clothes besides this sweatshirt, but I’ll have my sister bring me some.”
          “Alright, well I’ll take you down to see Jay now.”
“Okay.” Robins disconnect Bey’s IV and helped her out of the bed. They went down to intensive care and she opened a door. Jay had a private room all to himself. Bey ran up to him and grabbed his hands. She kissed them and started to tear at the sight of him. Tubes everywhere, cuts and scrapes.
          “Get me out of here.”
“Okay. Coma patients get a month before you have the choice to pull the plug.”
          “Oh my god. I would never. Can I use the phone now?”
Bey called up Solange and asked for her to pick her up at the hospital.
          “Bey, why are you at the hospital?”
“Don’t worry about it just bring me some jeans, please. Come by yourself. All I need is for you to drop me off at my place and then we can all go out for brunch, alright?”
          “Okay, but why won’t you-” Bey hung up. She had to make up an excuse as to why she was in the hospital. She didn’t want to say anything about Jay either. Solange followed Bey’s orders. She picked her up and dropped her off without asking another question. When Bey got home she ran upstairs and turned on the shower. She flushed the toilet from the night before and sat on the floor of the shower. The water trickled over her naked body. Her tears mixed in the water. She watched as it slid down the walls of the shower. One drop. Two drops. Three drops. Four. She turned off the water and almost ripped her hair out. The frustration she had over the whole situation was agonizing. She stood up and walked over to the mirror. She looked a mess. She noticed a little cut on her arm and remembered waking up and seeing Jay with his head to the side. She dried off, threw the towel on the floor, moved around their bed and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. Bey put her hair up into a high ponytail and put on some lip gloss. She sat down on Jay’s side of the bed and looked inside his night table for the Maybach keys. (They got it repaired) She fell over on her side and his pillow smelled just like the cologne he used. A tear fell from her eye and then she started to bawl. The pain was unbearable, but she pulled herself together and made her way to Solange’s. When she walked in Shawn ran up to her.
          “MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!” Bey grabbed him and smiled. She kissed him all over and held him tight.
          “Mommy missed her baby. I missed you so much.”
“Where’s Daddy, Mommy? Is he in the car?”
          “Um, no babe. Daddy had to go somewhere for a little while. He’ll be back soon, though. Don’t worry.”
          “Where’d he go?”
“Away…..Solange! Are you ready?”
          “Yeah go ahead and put Shawn in the car. We’ll take your car.”
          “Alright.”
They got to the restaurant and decided to sit outside. It was a nice day. It wasn’t too cold, either.
          “So, I heard Jay was “away”.”
“Mhm.”
          “When will he be back?”
“Um, he didn’t tell me.”
          “What do you mean he didn’t tell you? That sounds sketchy, Bey. What if he-”
          “Not now Solange. Please.”
“I’m just looking out for you! If you won’t talk about Jay then can you tell me why you were at the hospital this morning??”
          “Ssshh! Damn.”
“Mommy, you were at the hopital? Why?”
          “Mommy hurt herself, but she’s okay now, baby.”
“Otay.”
          “He may believe that bullshit, but I won’t.” Solange whispered in her ear.
          “Solange, it’s really none of your business.”
“You know what……I’m just saying, alright. But I have to go get Julez. He spent the night at a friend’s house. Bye Bey. Bye Lil Man.”
          “Bye Auntie Solo.”
“Goodbye.” Bey started to tear. She blew her nose and wiped her eyes.
          “Mommy, what’s wrong? Are you sad that Daddy is gone?”
           “Shawn. I’m fine. Eat your food please and be quiet.”……..To Be Continued………

6 comments:

  1. :'( im sad...why wont she just tell somebody? *sniff* Update Soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this so sad! And so realistic! I can see her handling it like this Gret post....i hope jay getz out of that coma soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanx SOOOO much 4 tagging me on twitter 4 this post and the last one..i really appretiate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uuummm....WTH! Why won't Bey say anything?! I mean his mom and Fam gone be pissed when they find he was in a coma and she didn't tell them! She don't need to hold this in, she gotta tell family if no anybody else

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww damn..... This whole situation is just..... :((

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww its so sad to see be suffering like this..i hope jay comes out of a coma soon :( bey seems like she's becoming kind of angry at the end..wassup with that? she should really share with solange whats going on! great post!

    ReplyDelete