Monday, February 20, 2012

Sleep...

First off, I just wanted to say thank you for all the positive feedback and my readers. I know my updates have been scarce, but I’m trying to keep a steady pace. Some of you want longer posts and I’ll try to do that. I hope you all enjoy this next post…..

Solange, Julez, and Mama Tina got to Beyoncé's house at 3:30. Bey told them everything. From the blood, accident, and now Jay’s being in a coma……HERE WE GO……

"Bey, why didn't you tell me?!? I would've been there for you!"
"I figured that he'd wake up sooner and that nothing would happen. We could pretend like nothing ever happened, but I guess not. I miss him. I see him every day, but that's not my baby in there. It’s not the same."
Mama Tina sat next to her and rubbed her back.
"He's gonna be alright, baby. Just give him time trust me."
 They make their way to the hospital and go to his room. The nurse tells them that nothing has changed since the last visit.
"Well, here's Daddy, Shawn." Shawn ran up to Jay and grabbed his hand.
"Daddy!" He saw all the wires and tubes and stepped back. "Mommy, what's wrong with Daddy?" Bey picked him up and felt a knot in her throat.
 "Daddy is in a very deep sleep, baby. We have to wait for him to wake up."
"But he always wakes up for me."
"Not when he’s in this kind of sleep babe. I'm sorry."
          “Mommy, I want to go home.”
“We’ll leave soon.”
          “Have you told his family, Bey?” Mama Tina picked up Shawn.
“No, you guys are the only ones that know.”
“Beyoncé, you can’t keep this hidden from everyone. I want you to call them now and tell them to come down here.”
          “Now? Why don’t I tell them Monday? I’ll have them over. Annie, Michelle, and Eric, too.”
          “Okay. That’s fine.”
“Thu, you want me and Julez to stay with you guys?”
          “That’d be nice. It’s so quiet with just the two of us.”
“Alright.”
          “Why don’t y’all go ahead and go to my house. Mama, can you cook something up? I’m gonna be there later. I might as well call them now.”
          “Yeah, that’s fine. You gonna be alright?”
“Yeah. I’ll be fine.”
          “Alright, bye.”
Bey kissed Mama, Solo, and Julez on the cheek. She gave Shawn a big hug and could tell that he was very upset. She kissed her baby on the cheek and walked them out.

*back in the room*

She dialed Mama Gloria’s number quite a few times, but just hung up before she could answer. Her phone rang and she answered.
          “Hello.”
“Jay? Is everything alright? You’ve been calling like crazy.”
          “Hey, Mama. It’s Beyoncé.”
“Oh, hey baby. Is everything alright?”
          “Um, not really, but don’t worry about it. I have to tell you and Jay’s brother and sisters something that I’ve been holding in. I think it’s important enough to have to tell you in person. Could you come over for dinner Monday night, please?”
          “Um, yes. Monday works. Should I be concerned?”
“No. Not right now, at least. I’ll let you know if anything else changes.”
          “I’m slightly confused, but okay sugar. I’ll be there Monday night. Is five okay?”
          “That’s perfect. I have to go now, thank you.”
“You’re welcome. Stay safe.”
          “I love you.”
“I love you, too and tell my son and grandson I said the same.” Bey smiled.
          “Will do.” Beyoncé hung up the phone. She gathered her bags and sat on the edge of Jay’s hospital bed. “Come back, baby. Please. I miss you. Your son misses you. We need you.” She squeezed his hand. “I have to go now. I love you and so does Shawn and your mother. She says hi. I’ll be back to see you on Monday. See you later.” She kissed him on the forehead and left.
          When she got home, Mama Tina had a very nice dinner made. They were saying grace when Beyoncé walked through the front door.
          “I’m back!”
“We just sat down, Bey. Come on.” Bey washed her hands and sat down at the table. “Alright, bow your heads. Dear God, we ask that you bless this food and we pray that it nourishes our bodies. Lord, we ask that Jay is able to recover and come back to us healthy and without problem. Keep your love in my daughter’s and their son’s along with the growing seed in Beyoncé. Lord we love and thank you. Amen.”
          “Amen.” They all said in unison. After dinner, Solo and Julez took Mama Tina home. They came back with some clothing since they would be staying with Bey for a short while.
          That night Bey was giving Shawn a bath.
“Mommy, can I ask a qwestion?”
          “You just do, baby.”
“I’m serious, Mommy.” She started to rinse him off and wrap a towel around him.
          “Okay, go ahead. What is it?”
“Is Daddy dead?” Bey gripped his little arms and as stood on the tile floor.
          “Oh god baby! No!!! Daddy is very well alive and breathing!!”
          “They why didn’t he wake up!!!!”
“I told you that he is in a very deep sleep! He will wake up, baby! He will!”
          “Mommy! You’re lying!!!!! I hate you!!!!” He ran out of the bathroom. Solange went to open Bey’s door and Shawn ran past her. She swept him up.
          “Lil Man, where you think you’re going?”
“SHAWN!” Bey ran out and stopped when she saw Solo.
          “NOOO!!” Shawn busted out into tears and started to hit Solange. She put him down with a quickness.
          “Boy! Have you lost your mind! Bey, what is wrong with him!?!”
          “Not now Solange! Just give us a minute please!”
“Okay! Yell if you need me.” She closed the door and went back to her room. Bey sat on the floor criss cross apple sauce and pulled Shawn into her shrinking lap.
          “Baby, come here.” She kissed him on the forehead.
“Noooo, Mommy! Noooo!”
          “Baby, Daddy is okay! Mommy would be crying too if he wasn’t. Listen, Daddy will tell you everything when he comes back home.”
          “But he’s not!” He sniffed and rubbed his eyes.
“Yes he is, baby.”
          “No!”
“Why don’t you believe Mommy?” She wiped one of his tears.
          “Because….”
“Because why?”
          “I don’t know, Mommy. I just miss Daddy.” She cradled him in her shrinking lap.
          “I held you like this when you were a baby and I miss Daddy, too. Don’t worry everything is going to be okay.”
          “Otay.”
He was obviously getting sleepy so she put a pull-up and undershirt on him and put him in the bed. She took a shower herself and then got in the bed.
          Monday came around and Solange and Julez went back home. Beyoncé had a doctor’s appointment. She is now into her fifth month.
          “Shawn! Did you put on your clothes like Mommy told you to?”
          “I think I did it wrong, Mommy.”
“Oh gosh. Come here, babe.” He had his shirt on backwards and his shoes on the wrong feet. “You know what we are doing today?”
          “No, what?”
“Gonna see if you’re gonna have a baby brother or sister.”
          “Really?! You know I want a sister, Mommy.”
“I know, c’mon! Then we are going to get something to eat, and then we are going to see Daddy again.”
          “I don’t like going to see Daddy! He scares me now!”
“Aww, babe it’s okay. I’ll be there and you don’t have to come inside if you don’t want to, okay?”
          “Okay.”

*at the doctors*

“Hello, Mrs. Carter! How are you?”
          “I’m good, and you?”
“I’m great and who do we have here?”
          “Say hi, baby.”
“Hiiiii. I’m Shawn.”
          “Hello Shawn, it’s nice to meet you.” He just smiled.
“Am I gonna have a sister?” Dr. Robins laughed.
          “I don’t know, let’s see.”
“Wanna go ahead and lay back for me, Beyoncé. Alright, any complications or concerns since I last saw you?”
          “Nope. The last time I saw you was tragic.”
“Yes, I remember. Is your husband okay?”
          “We pray a lot, but he’s still in a coma. We’re going to visit him later.”
          “Aw, okay. Well, baby # 2 is looking good so far. Now, this shouldn’t be too bad.” She squeezed the jelly on her stomach……

(I had to get an ultrasound not too long ago and the jelly is actually really warm….everyone thinks it’s cold, but it’s not lol….and no I wasn’t pregnant!)

…..the jelly on her stomach and looks around.  Bey giggled a little because it tickled. Shawn started to clap his hands.
          “What is it?!? What is it?!!”
“Shawn baby, sshhhh. Be patient.”
          “And we’re havingggggggggg…..a babyyyy GIRL!”
“YAYY!!! I told you Mommy!!! I knew it!! Imma have a lil’ sister!” Bey smiled.
          “I think Jay wanted a girl, too.” A lil tear rolled down her cheek. They left the doctor’s shortly after.
          “I told you Mommy.”
“I know you did, babe. You want some ice cream?”
          “Yes!!!”
“Alright!”
          They got back to the hospital and Shawn decided that he would go in and see Jay. Bey sat down and held Jay’s hand while Shawn was in her lap and he told Jay about his day.
          “Go head. He’s listening.”
“Daddy! I miss you a lot! Mommy took me out for ice cream today and I got your favorite cause I know you would like that! You should come with us next time. Pleassseee. I want you too. I thought you were gone, but Mommy told me you were just asleep. Please, wake up for me. Oh and I’m going to have a baby sister! I told Mommy that I was going to have one, but I don’t think she believed me! Isn’t this cool? Hmm. Mommy also said that next week we have to go to this place that I’m going to next year. I don’t want to go without you. It’s school, I think. Right Mommy?”
          “Yep. It’s school.” She squeezed Jay’s hand.
“So, yeah. Imma be starting school and I’ve been eating all my veggie so I can grow big and strong and Daddy come back home pleaseeee! Can we play basketball when you come back? Will you slam dunk with me? I think I got it, but I want to do it on the big boy hoop and Mommy is always too tired. I think that’s it. Mommy do you want to say anything?”
          “I think you’ve said it all. I love you, Daddy and yes listen to Lil’ Man here and come back.” Shawn pounced off Bey’s lap and put on his coat. Grandma’s coming over, remember? We have to go.”
          “Awww, okay.” Bey started to release Jay’s hand when she felt her own cramp. “Ouch!”
          “Are you okay, Mommy?”
“Oh my god!!! NURSE!!!!!”…………To Be Continued…..Don’t forget to follow me on twitter! @mixedchick_xoxo

6 comments:

  1. this is so sad. hope he wakes up soon. whats wrong with bey

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love absolutely love the post!! amazing!!! no but really great post. Shawn is 2 cute...such a big boy<3. aww what's wrong with bey?! i hope she don't lose her baby. please don't let her loose the baby :( and jay need 2 wake up soon. everyone miss him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawwww!!! I thought I was gonna be sad, but Shawn was so cute rambling on and on to Jay! I hope Bey and the baby is okay!!! Great post Claire!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post please update soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update very SOON please! I can't wait akjhsjkjsakl

    ReplyDelete
  6. nooo why'd you end it there?...i need to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete