Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Who Is You?

This post isn't as long, but it's all I could type tonight and figured I'd post it! I'll post again Friday!!! Thanks for reading!.....HERE WE GO.....

“I think you’ve said it all. I love you, Daddy and yes listen to Lil’ Man here and come back.” Shawn pounced off Bey’s lap and put on his coat. Grandma’s coming over, remember? We have to go.”
          “Awww, okay.” Bey started to release Jay’s hand when she felt her own cramp. “Ouch!”
          “Are you okay, Mommy?”
“Oh my god!!! NURSE!!!!!” BeyoncĂ© kept yelling until a nurse came running in.
          “What’s wrong?!?!”
“He grabbed my hand!”
          “Aw, I’m sorry ma’am, but twitches during a coma are very common.”
          “No! This wasn’t a twitch! He squeezed my hand! I’m not crazy!”
          “Well even if he did, we can’t do anything until he wakes up.”
          “I’m staying, then until he does.”
“Visiting hours end at 5:30. You got an hour.”
          “Mommy, what about grandma?”
“Shit. Alright, baby. Let’s go.” Bey kissed Jay’s forehead and whispered in his ear. “I know you can hear me. I hope to see you up and awake tomorrow morning.” The nurse started to leave the room.
          “Excuse me??”
“Yes?” She turned around.
          “If he does wake up, could you please contact me immediately?”
          “I’m not here all night, but I’ll pass it on to my replacement.”
          “Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.” She left and Bey grabbed her purse and Shawn’s hand.
          “Tell Daddy you’ll see him later, baby.”
“Bye Daddy. I’ll see you tomorrow! I love you!”

          They left and got home quickly. Bey had invited people over and then forgot she couldn’t cook a meal for five people.
          “Oh no! What am I gonna do!?”
“What’s wrong, Mommy?” He looked up from his cars.
          “Baby! Mommy can’t cook and grandma is coming in thirty minutes! What am I gonna do?!”
          “Make em samichs!”
“I guess I could do that….hmmm. This is horrible.” She put her head in her hands and then staring whipping out stuff to make sandwiches.  “We might as well have gone to subway…I don’t have time to make Hamburger Helper. Ugh.” Bey just threw stuff all over the counter. “There, I’m done. Come upstairs with me real quick.”
          Bey changed out of her sweats and put her jeans back on. When she was coming down the steps with Shawn the doorbell rang.
          “Grandma!!!” Shawn ran to the door.
“Baby, be careful.” Bey looked through the peep hole and it was them. She unlocked the two locks and let them in.
          “Good evening, Mama.” After a long hug, she gave her a kiss on the cheek. “How’ve you been?”
          “I’ve been great, baby. How are my two babies?”
“Shawn is doing great and so is his little sister.” Bey smiled.
          “You hear that grandma! I’m having a sister!”
Gloria rubbed his head. “Yes! Jay always wanted a little girl. Speaking of Jay, where is he? Jay come see ya Mama!”
          “And ya sisters!” Annie yelled.
“Um, Jay’s not here. That’s kind of what I wanted to talk to you all about.”
          “Well, where is he?”
“Let’s eat first. Now, without Jay, y’all know I couldn’t do much so this is the only thing easy we’ve had. It’s make your own sandwich night!” They laughed at her and gathered around the big ole island in the kitchen.

          “Now, BeyoncĂ©. My sweet lil daughter in law.”
“Yes, ma’am?”
          “What did you have to tell us about our Jay?” She stood next to her. Everyone was staring at her and she couldn’t get it out.
          “Um….”
“Spit it out, Bey! You know you can tell us!” Michelle blurted out.
          “Is it bad?” Michelle questioned.
“You guys…Jay and I….um…”
          “Y’all aren’t having relationship issues are you?”
“No, no not that.”
          “Then what is it?”
“I started bleeding….”
          “Is the baby alright?!?” Everyone was starting to get worried by the way she was stuttering.
          “Yes, but please let me just try and get this-” The phone started to ring. Bey quickly answered. “Hello?!?!?.......Yes, this is she. Yessss! Thank you so much I’ll be right there!” She started to cry. “Umm, I’ll just have Jay tell you. We have to go and get him though. SHAWN!?!?!”
          “Yes, Mommy????”
“It’s Daddy! Daddy is up! C’mon get your jacket!”
          “Really?!?!?!” He started crying, too. Bey grabbed him and kissed him on the cheek. Jay’s family was so lost.
          “You guys can just follow me! I know you’re confused, but there is no problem now!”
          “Okay…y’all heard her. Let’s go!”
Bey got in the car and they all went to the hospital. She rushed into the front desk to check-in.
          “Sorry, ma’am, but visiting hours are over.”
“No, you don’t understand. I just got a phone call from my husband’s nurse and he woke up out of his coma. I need to go see him along with the rest of his family. There are five or six of us, please!”
          “Two of you can go up. I’m sorry.”
“That’s fine. Thank you!” She got the two stickers, put one on Shawn and one on her. Gloria, Annie, Michelle, and Eric can in.
          “Bey, you’re so fast. We didn’t think we’d catch up with you!” Eric laughed.
          “Sorry! And bad news. Only two of us can go up! I’m taking Shawn with me. Annie keep your cell phone on and I’ll call you!”
          “Alright, Bey!”
She grabbed Shawn’s hand because he was getting too heavy for her to carry. The elevator door opened and they dashed down the hall into Jay’s hospital room.
          “JAY!!!!!!!” Bey ran up to the bed and started kissing him all over the face.

*thirty minutes ago, when Jay woke up*

Jay’s nurse, Tyson, was checking his vitals before she went on a small break. When she pushed the new IV in, he face scrunched up and let out a grunt.
           “Mr. Carter?!” She brushed his face and he took a strong grip of Tyson’s arm. “Ow, shit. Mr. Carter. You’re hurting me.” Jay squinted and blinked a few times.
          “It’s so bright.” Tyson turn off one of the lights.
“Is that better for you?”
          “Yeah. Who are you?”
“I’m Tyson. I’m your nightly nurse. Welcome back.” She gave him a pat on the shoulder. “I’ll be right back. I’m going to get the doctor and call your wife.”
          “Wait. I’m not married.”………To Be Continued……

2 comments: